Due to today’s growing concerns about the environment and climate change, EPS packaging solutions are becoming more and more recognised as environmentally-preferable.
- EPS cups weigh between two to five times less than comparable paper cups. This means fewer air emissions during transport.
- An EPS cup requires about 50 percent less energy to produce than a similar coated paperboard cup with a corrugated cup sleeve.
- EPS packaging solutions are being recycled more and more, for instance to become ‘green building’ construction products. Most single use, coated paperboard foodservice packaging materials are not recycled because the coating and paper cannot be separated economically.
- Thanks to the outstanding strength and insulation, EPS packaging doesn’t need double cupping. This significantly reduces the number of containers and the natural resources used to produce them.
- Reusable products require water and energy to clean. Using EPS packaging solutions conserves these important resources.
- EPS packaging insulates extremely well to maintain food temperatures. This can reduce food waste due to spoilage or damaged packaging and leakage.
Bio foam programme
A relative new development is the use of environmentally friendly alternatives for EPS, like materials from bio-origin that are also fully biodegradable. As we believe it is our responsibility to offer alternatives for EPS and other fossil-based foams, Thermoware is investing heavily in this development.
The result of our focus on environmentally friendly alternatives for EPS, is that – as we speak – we can offer complete production lines for these bio foams. We are in close contact with the producers of these materials, and are more than happy to get you in touch with them.
Do you want to know more about the carbon foot print of EPS? Or about our bio foam programme?